Visiting hours are 11:00am – 7:00pm. The following policy will be in place for each department;
- The Acute Care Unit will allow two (2) visitors to visit the bedside at one time.
- Emergency Department, Surgical Services, Outpatient Clinics/Appointments will allow for one (1) support person with each patient.
- The Emergency Department will allow children to be accompanied by two (2) support persons; adults will continue to be permitted one (1) support person.
- The Family Centred Birthing Unit will allow for two (2) support person with exit/entry access.
- Exceptional circumstances will be managed on a case-by-case basis for palliative patients.
The main entrance continues to be closed. HDH will continue to require masks to be worn at all times, including the patient’s bedside, by all individuals entering the hospital. Food and drink are not permitted for visitors. In addition to wearing a mask and performing hand hygiene, all visitors are asked to read the below COVID-19 screening questions before visiting the hospital to ensure a safe hospital experience.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the past 10 days, DO NOT visit the hospital.
- If you have experienced one of the following symptoms in the past 10 days, DO NOT visit the hospital:
- Fever and/or chills
- Sore throat or difficulty breathing
- New or worsening cough
- Runny/stuffy nose
- Shortness of breath
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye)
- Unexplained fatigue/muscle aches
- Decrease or loss of sense of taste or smell
- Vomiting or diarrhea
Please keep in mind that waiting room space is very limited in all departments and Emergency Room volumes have increased. Please consider the space available and do not bring a support person if it is not necessary.
The HDH COVID-19 Assessment Centre is closed as of October 21, 2022. Please find alternative locations below or search for testing near you.
Self-Collection PCR Testing Location
Pharmasave, 101-118 7th Ave, Hanover, ON
Hours of Operation: 9:00 AM - 2:00 PM, Monday to Friday (by appointment only)
Please call ahead to book an appointment (519-364-4422)
Grey-Bruce COVID-19 Assessment Centre Locations
South Bruce Grey Health Centre - Kincardine
Hours of Operation
Grey Bruce Health Services - Owen Sound
Hours of Operation