Volunteering as an Auxiliary Member
Auxiliary volunteers play a
huge role in ensuring positive patient and family satisfaction.
The donation of time to those in need can go a long way in helping to provide
safe quality care to patients and families within our community. Adults can find
personal fulfillment in helping others. Auxiliary Members provide service in
non-patient care areas.
Auxiliary Volunteer Opportunities
Gift Shop: Provide customer service and sales in the beautiful retail store, which offers a wide assortment of snacks and gifts.
Special Event Planning/Fundraising: Engage in planning and coordinating of events and activities that help to raise money (draws, bake sale, bazaar, and handcrafts). Profits are donated to the hospital for the purchase of equipment.
Auxiliary Executive Team: A member of the Auxiliary Leadership Team.
How to Apply?
Before you apply to become an auxiliary member, please review the following list of requirements;
- Volunteering entails making a regular commitment with a minimum commitment of 2-3 hours monthly;
- Minimum age requirement: 16 years or older;
- Volunteers are selected and placed according to the needs of the auxiliary, interests and skills, availability and suitability. Evening and weekend opportunities are limited.
If you are interested in becoming an Auxiliary Volunteer please download and complete the following application package:
The application package can be submitted to;
email@example.com – subject line “Auxiliary Application”
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to the number of applications and limited positions, unfortunately not everyone will be contacted.
Successful applicants will be required to complete the following;
- Auxiliary members who volunteer at the hospital must successfully complete a Health Assessment before commencing their placements. This includes proof of immunizations including COVID-19, TB testing and Flu Shot (in flu season);
- Provide a current Criminal Reference check with vulnerable sector (valid within 1 year); and
- Attend a scheduled orientation.