HDH Expanding Visiting Restrictions and Hours Effective August 2, 2022
July 28, 2022
Hanover & District Hospital (HDH) is expanding the hospital’s visiting policy starting August 2, 2022. HDH is taking a gradual and measured approach, in light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, to reinstate visiting hours.
Effective August 2, 2022 visiting hours will change to 11:00am – 7:00pm. The following policy will be in place for each department;
- The Acute Care Unit will allow a maximum of four (4) designated visitors; two (2) visitors will be permitted to visit the bedside at one time.
- Emergency Department, Surgical Services, Outpatient Clinics/Appointments will allow for one (1) support person with each patient.
- The Emergency Department will allow children to be accompanied by two (2) support persons; adults will continue to be permitted one (1) support person.
- The Family Centred Birthing Unit will allow for one (1) support person with limited exit/entry access.
- Exceptional circumstances will be managed on a case-by-case basis for palliative patients.
HDH will continue to require masks to be worn at all times, including the patient’s bedside, by all individuals entering the hospital. Food and drink are not permitted for visitors. In addition to wearing a mask, all visitors will need to complete and pass the required COVID-19 screening process and wash their hands to ensure a safe hospital experience.
Please keep in mind that waiting room space is very limited in all departments and Emergency Room volumes have increased. Please consider the space available and do not bring a support person if it is not necessary.